Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Wee! More good news!

So, my painting class went really well. I talked to my professor, who is the head of the painting program, and he is going to pass me out of painting 2 and 3 and stick me right into painting 4 (which you have to take 3 times, it's essentially an independent study). I'm going to present my portfolio on Tuesday and he's going to look it over (be completely impressed I'm sure) and pass it on for comity approval (and i'm sure they will be completely impressed as well) and then I will have 2 less classes to take at the ol' niu! So, just for something to show. Here is one of the painting assignments that i did last semester that I don't want to have to do again (I have my own ideas thank you very much).

I actually like this painting and I think it turned out well enough, but the point is... I don't like candy and it was not my idea to paint it and although I did my best to make the most of the situation... I really want to focus on a theme that I could show in a gallery, I mean, candy is nice and all, but it's not something I would ever put in a gallery or use as a representitive of my own work.



This is my work, my ideas, I love it, I am proud of it, it represents who I am, my tastes, my feeling, issues that I am concerned about, it is something that I would put in a gallery.

I mean, it's not great ideas, i'm not some kind of genius or anything, but it's not somebody elses stupid idea either, and that is what makes me happy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

All of your work is just beautiful, wow!