Friday, October 05, 2007

Wowzers

I just wanted to post a update for you all. I know it's been awhile since I posted. Partly because my camera battery has been dead and I've been lazy about charging it. Partly because school has kept me crazy busy.

So I'm in full swing of trying to get everything ready for Handmade Chicago which is in just one week! Ah! I'm making tons of kits and handmade goodies that will be great presents. You should come check it out.

Here is a flier:

It's Saturday, October 13th from noon to 4:30pm. It's going to be a smash. On the vendor end, all the tables have sold out and I know for a fact that super neat of people will be there. It's kind of interesting because some of them I will be meeting for the first time, and yet, I've been reading their blogs for quite some time. The Internet is amazing.

This will be my second public event for Craft Leftovers (the first being BlogHer) and I'm really excited/nervous/hoping things sell/scared they won't/what if I get lost/what if I can't find a parking spot/what if/what if/ what if/ oh heck. I'm sure it will be fine. My mom is coming up this weekend to help me cut and fold and prep. My friend Carolyn is kicking some butt and folding patterns and braiding draw strings and putting together zines. My other friend Jess is coming over on Sunday to lend her hand. And my friend and studio mate, Joanna, will be going with me to help set up, run the table, take down, fabulousness. She's really neat and does some amazing things herself. She also likes bringing purpose to cast off forgotten treasures. That's what most of her work is about, that and her personal habit of collecting and how her personality is hidden amongst and contained within those collections. She also listens to some amazing music (which is good because I swear if it weren't for my friends I would listen to the same ten bands over and over again... except recently because Jason showed me this).

Anyway, other art stuff. I'm getting close to having the first section of my mobile finished up. I was planning on it being the mock up, but I think it will actually be either the 1st of many smaller ones or the 1st part of one large one. Heck. I might even make several smaller (about 8' length x 4' circumference) and then one huge one. Honestly just doing the one took only a small fraction of my junk mail.

I have also started some other projects. One includes these drawing that I seem to do whenever I am really upset. I'll tell more about that later though. It's shaping up to be pretty neat.

I'm also working with a doll house that my dad made for me. It's the setting for some stop motion films that I'm doing. Also very neat.

Then some paintings. More paintings... and some drawings of the gulf of mexico sea shore creatures. Not really sure why. I guess they just remind me of my childhood, trips to florida, visits to my grandma... okay, so I guess I do know why they interest me.

Oh and on a side note. I have consistently done my dishes for the past week and let me tell you, I think I could get used to this clean thing. I kind of like it a whole lot. My apartment is slowly starting to go that way (Carolyn, you totally saw the disaster before the deep clean today). I've been pitching tons of stuff, moving things into my studio space (I have pictures of that on my dead camera, but they will come soon because the battery is charging), selling things so that's always a plus, and organizing! woot!

And it is so late and I'm not feeling like going to bed still, but I should, so I will, and I'm sure I will conk out in 1 min or less. It's been a busy day. I've made 6 crocheted items in the last 48 hours alone! Plus cleaning. Plus the Craft Leftovers Pattern. Plus working 9 hours today and 4 yesterday. Plus. Plus. Plus. I totally cleaned my bathroom tonight too. I do need to step it up though as far as making things goes. I'm itching to get back to my own project as is. I bought crap yarn from walmart for an afghan tonight because my fingers were just so itching to make something different. After the 6 dish cloth lets just say I get a little tired.

Hope this finds you all well, have a good week!

ps - here is a picture of all the skeins I wound for kits for the subscription this month, wow:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where oh where is the craft show in Chicago?? Perhaps Rhiannon could take it in with her knitting friends........Details please!!!
(give mommy a hug from me!)

Love,
Fan Deb...