Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Windy in the Windy City

Here are some pictures from this past weekend at the Sewing Rebellion at Mess Hall. It was a super fun time. It was really great to see everyone crocheting and sewing and making great stuff from patterns they were creating themselves. The pictures are not so great, but they aren't so bad either, really dark, maybe kind of blurry, don't look too close okay.



Also, while in the windy city I picked up a drop spindle ($6!) and some green wool roving ($8 for a whole bag full!) and tried my hand spinning... It kind of looks like yarn... hehe.... So I went and picked up a book at the local library called something like "Spindle Spinning: Beginner to Expert," which sounded pretty good. I haven't had time to have another go at it, but this weekend Jason and I are going to get our whorl on! (I bought him a bottom whorl spindle for his birthday and then got a top whorl for myself). I'll let you know how it goes.


Okay, so this was the best picture I could get, but the story is more interesting anyway. Basically I knit that sweater for Catalina Yarn and they (the owner) decided that it should be a display for the yarn shop I work at! ah... I don't know, it just made me feel a little weird. Anyway, after being up for a couple months it disappeared and a green one replaced it (one I didn't knit) and so I wasn't sure if they just didn't like it and I didn't want to ask about it.... Then, when I was working last Saturday, I saw this:

It's the sweater I knit, in print, on a model... I was pretty happy about that and I was confident in my sweater knitting skills once more. (granted I still think the pattern needs some shaping to help it out, but I was instructed to knit it "according to the pattern").

I also just received an order from the UK! my very first out of the country order, how exciting!

And just so you are the first to know, I'm going to put some new items in the store. I have some Crocheted Head Wraps and some tea pot sized reusable tea bags that I'm going to take pictures of and put up for sale. I would say by midnight it will all be up. You should go check it out.

Have a good week!

No comments: