Saturday, March 03, 2007

Field trip!

I always love going into Chicago, but it's even better when I get to learn stuff and meet/hang out with new people. While doing research for my Modernist Groups art history class I came across this artist run group in Chicago called Mess Hall. They sound pretty great and really on the same page as I'm feeling right now. The Mess Hall hosts free workshops, exhibits, music, has a small library to browse and a give and take kind of feel to it. In their words "Mess Hall runs on the generosity of those who use it. This allows us to provide everything for free - from food and drinks to workshops and events. Please bring things to share with others."So tomorrow I'm heading up there to check it out in person with my friend Deanna. There's a brunch kind of deal so I made some cookies to share. I figured if I made them vegan than everyone would be able to eat them.
These people sound really super nice. I'm very excited.

In other news:
1. Craft Leftover kits are up in the store and there is a new pattern posted.
2. I love yarn on the spool, it makes me really super happy.
3. Sister D mentioned the Craft Leftover book fundraiser on CraftyPod Blog and made the whole thing sound really great! Thank you so much! She is one super crafty lady and to have her moral support is so, well, supportive!
4. I've been dyeing way more sock yarn than I can reasonably knit up, so I'm going to start selling it in my etsy shop. I'll let you know the day and time it will be going up. It will be soon though. I'm hoping by this time next week.
And on that note I'm going to go clean my craft room a bit! Have a good week!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yum! They look delish!

Deanna said...

That sock yarn looks delish! Is that TWEED???

I hope you had a good time, I'm still pooped.