Saturday, August 25, 2007

Stuff I want

I've been going through a fashion crisis lately. I'm at a point where I don't really enjoy many of my clothes and never really feel swanky anymore. So I've been drooling over so many cute things that have been coming out lately. I feel like the clothes that have been coming out are the things that I would actually make, things I've made in the past. But I can't make all my clothes.... well, I suppose I could, but then I wouldn't have time to write 2+ patterns a week and go to school and work and cook all my meals so I don't waste money on eating out... oh yeah... and sleep!

Like this from Urban Outfitters:
I would so wear it as a dress and a shirt.
Or this:


I've been in an I want mode in general it seems.... like I want this:


I was thinking it would be really nice to put my yarn into for shows and such... but too expensive. I found it on ebay, but still too much.

This may not look so great, but imagine it filled with these:



And other reclaimed little goodies.

I have a couple things for display, mainly cardboard, which can be shaped and then covered in fabric. I have a neat-o Take and Read rack that I will use... and my red dish drain. I'm going to go to Lavish Thrift tomorrow and see if I can find something for the yarn and some of the hand made stuff. I only have a 6 foot spot, so I want some "shelves" so to speak that I can put towards the back of the table and then stuff in the front of that....

I'm obsessing... but that's what I do...

Good random news. I just heard from the head of the fiber arts department that I can continue work on my weaving... even though I am not enrolled in any fiber arts classes... and am not in the department because "The work is strong and I'd like to see you finish the series w/o rushing." She actually said that I could continue working on the loom until the end of the school year because she is not teaching beginning weaving again until next spring... woot.

I think I'm going to incorporate it into my sculpture class. I'm thinking... more wire.... large.... hmm.... crochet... wire crocheted forms................ okay I need to go get my sketch book, see you all later!

No comments: