Monday, February 20, 2006

Chogakpo

So I was looking around the web on some blogs and such and I some how fell onto this site http://srithreads.com/gallery.php/zoom/2 ... it's a gallery that speciallizes in asian textiles... This particular image is really sticking into my mind. I've been looking for something to do with my scraps and I think something like this would be a good place to use them.... although what pratical items could I make? A quilt for my bed? A table cloth? A bag to put my yoga mat into? I am sure that I have enough scrap material to do it all. Although I understand that if I were to make something like this it would not be authentic, but the main point is that this image and little detour into asian textile practices has inspired me to make stuff. I will post pictures of sketches later this week i'm sure.

No comments: