Friday, February 02, 2007

Double Post!

Okay so first a little update. I decided, at the prompting of Keri's enthusiasm, to offer the re-usable tea bags for sale in my etsy shop. They are sold in pairs for $1.95 + $.75 s&h. You can check them out here. Right now there are just tea cup sized ones, but I will make some tea pot sized ones soon. Those will be just a little bit more expensive, but not too much more.

And then there is this little guy:

Isn't he goofy looking! It was my first try at making a stuffed toy. I really like this little bird even if he is all wonky, maybe because he is all wonky. Here is another shot of him.


And here is his belly!


I used felted sweater scraps from making the needle holder (which has totally ran into some hang ups by the way, I will post about that later) and actually, some of the scraps of a shirt from another needle holder I was working on. The button eyes also came from a shirt that I made into that first needle holder.... jeeze a whole lot of scraps from the needle holder adventure. You will see them eventually, promise.

I think I'm going to keep him for myself, but I will make him some friends that will hopefully travel to distant places. I'm thinking that I like them too much to feed them to kitties, so they will just be straight up plushy birds. Unfortunately they will be kind of pricey until I learn how to make them on the sewing machine, because right now hand sewing is the only way that I can see them being made. Too many funky turns and curves on such a small surface. He's only about 5 or so inches long.

Anyway, I was just really excited about the little bird and about the Pinch of Tea tea bags.... goodnight!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that is the cutest funkiest little bird that I ever did see!

Kristin said...

Thanks lady!