Thursday, February 15, 2007

Happy Valentine's Day!

Hehe, okay so i know i'm a little late on this, but no big deal right. I was actually caught up all of yesterday staffing the Ars Nova "make your own valentine's day card, $1" table. We had a ton of stuff set out and although we didn't make any money, we did break even and cheered up a whole lot of people.

This is the valentine that I made for Jason:

Well, I'm brilliant I just ruined my cup of coffee with some soured half and half, that will teach me that I should just go with the soy milk... I actually drank about half a cup to before realizing "something doesn't taste right" and now I think some good ol' nasty stomach attitude is setting in... it's saying something like "you are giving me dairy and it's spoiled?! You JERK!" My stomach and I have a real love hate relationship, especially when I forget to check if something is spoiled.

As far as the store updates that I promised, well I was hit with the Ars Nova thing at the last minute and I was planning on working on that stuff on Wednesday during the day... so I'm not going to say when the next update will be simply because I'm not sure.

Oh I also was hit with a "you should have a critique with the visiting artist" so that was yesterday morning too. It went really well. It makes me feel pretty fabulous to have nationally known, living in new york, and making money off of his work artist tell me that my stuff kicks ass and that of course I'm going to be successful with my art work and that my ideas are great and it's okay that I work on 3 ideas at once because they support each other and if I didn't do all three I most likely won't finish any of them... which is true... If I just had one thing to work on, I would get bored with it and just not finish it. He gave me a lot of good tips on looking at the spacial relationships that my work has with the place I am installing it and stuff like that. I keep forgetting to take my camera to the studio, but I will try to this week so you can see what this "work" is that I'm talking about.

What I really need to work on is finding a gallery that will sponcer me for my fall show. I really need to work on having more shows. If I could even just have two major shows a year cushioned by group and salon shows the rest of the time I would feel pretty good about things.

There will be a Craft Leftover pattern up tomorrow night so be watching for that around 6pmish.

Have a good week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, you've been busy! Hope you get a chance to take a break and breathe this weekend. =)

Deanna said...

That is the best Valentine ever.

Anonymous said...

Wow, when I sign in with my Google account it shows my first name...weird.

Kristin said...

hehe, hi elizabeth.

I was hoping it would be, but with that show next weekend I've been running around like a nut!