Friday, February 16, 2007

Friday!

Ah, it is nice that it's Friday. I think I will have some tea after I finish this post.

A new pattern is up on Craft Leftovers. It's the Tin Pin Canny and and and there are 2 Craft Leftover Kits for the Pencil Clutch now in the Etsy shop.
I'm going into the studio tomorrow night so I will get some pictures of my works in progress.

And speaking of my works in progress it looks like the show at the Leger gallery in davenport is finally going to work out! Saturday, Feb 24th, I'm going to be showing some current paintings there. I'm not sure what time the opening is, but I will let you all know when I find out. Most likely somewhere around 7-9ish. There will be wine and food and some fancy fine art. It should be a good time. It's a group show, so only 10 feet of wall space, so only 3 paintings, but that's enough for me. It's a series of 3 so it works out well. It should be hanging for about 2 weeks, maybe more... maybe less. The gallery director wasn't too specific.

I'm going to print up some business cards on my print gocco on sunday afternoon to hand out at the show. Cards would be good to just have around anyway, nothing too descriptive, just name, email, title, nothing fancy. Oh i do love run on sentences with comma splices!

I'm also going to need to come up with an artist statement... hmm... that will be tough, it's really hard to talk about work that I have just made. And by just made I mean I'm going to go into the studio tomorrow and finish the last two paintings for the series so they will be dry by Saturday. I don't want to hang wet canvases! I think I'm going to do the under painting in acrylic and use some Japanese drier too. You know... a week notice is tough to throw stuff together for a show. I think I can manage and if not I will just show some of the collages I've been working on.

Anyway, I'm going to go get that tea and snuggle up with a nice art history book.... only 300 pages to go by Monday! Have a good night!

No comments: