Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Disaster Everted...

Okay, so first a funny little story. Opening shipment boxes and unpacking art supplies is what I do... just about everyday.... but today was different. I'm not sure if I was just tired... maybe a little too much caffine... whatever it was I messed up. I meant to slash the tape and I ended up gouging my own thumb instead. My boss took one look at it and said "yep, that's what my thumb looked like when I need stitches, we better send you to the clinic to get that checked out." It was pretty great, they paid for everything... including the 3 hours I spent waiting at the clinic. It was a close call though, it turned out I missed my nerve by about... well the doctor said that he wasn't sure exactly how it missed my nerve, but that in case it goes tingly, I have some numbers to call. Nice.

Anyway, better stuff. Here is an apron that Deb gave me along with the stash of fabric... somehow wearing an apron makes me feel super... well... just super.
In fact so super that I organized and cataloged my fabric stash, this is just the first bit.
Then I tried my hand at this:
It's weird how this:
Turns into something swanky.

Well, I'm off to bed, have a good night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooh what a gorgeous apron!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that the apron is appreciated for what it is and it inspired you to greater things!! I knew you'd love it...You should have seen the looks I got when I grabbed it at a yard sale years ago!! Guess I'm a bit ahead of the flow...
SO GLAD that you did not get rid of a nerve!! You need those talented hands, girly!!!