Monday, May 01, 2006

Little people... what an idea!

When I was in highschool and in my first years of college I used to draw these little people all the time. I don't really draw them much anymore, but when my mom went to a baby shower yesterday, an old friend of mine named rose asked what i had been up to and somehow it was mentioned that i knit a whole lot. Rose said, you know she should make little dolls of those people that she used to draw, I bet they would translate well to fiber. You know what Rose, that's a brilliant idea. I like it! So this afternoon I wipped together a proto-type pattern, filled with errors, and I should have one little guy done by the end of the week. I think I will make him a little friend and they can hang out together. I'm thinking about also doing a embroidered version too, an idea I'm borrowing from wee wonderfuls, which you can check out here: http://weewonderfuls.typepad.com/wee_wonderfuls/2006/04/red_head.html

And that is all for now, I'm going to con my friend with some dinner and see if she will take some pictures for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm looking forward to seeing you some treats soon!