Friday, November 03, 2006

Hi there!

So I've been a little absent lately, but I do have good reasons, which I'm not going to disclose here because this is public and they are private. The good news is that I'm back and I have some pictures and I'm going to do a little show and tell.

Here is my wall of drawings that I've been working on from time to time. There aren't as many as I would like, but the diversion in my life has made it so. Hopefully I will get more up there soon.

I started working on the bathmat again, it's almost finished, but I ran out of yarn on one of the balls (I'm working off three strands at once), so I'm going to have to rewind the large ball into 3 smaller ones. I hope I have enough. I recycled a sweater to get it, so there is no more yarn to find. Only 10 more rows to go too! Keep your fingers crossed.
I also started work back up on the Go Everywhere with Everything sweater for stitch and bitch, that I started about, well, it was the first sweater I started about a year and a half ago, so I decided that it's about time that I get it finished.
And while picking up some supplies at JoAnn's I decided to pick out a little $2 prize for myself.
And I was making it into things when Mr B came along:
And I ended up making what I was making to small and decided to use fabric that I had more of into this:
Which you can get a pattern for over at Crafty Leftovers, I just posted the new pattern today, you should go check it out.


And horror so horror! I broke my favorite knitting needles today. It was the sparrow milk protein ones... I loved those and they don't sell them anymore. I think it was being in the warm and then really cold and then warm again that made them brittle. I really don't want to buy a new pair of needles right now, I'm really trying to save money, but at the same time I'm trying to get the wavy line sweater finished by Christmas time.

Oh and this week I'm going to be in the Art and Craft Sale that Ars Nova is hosting in the Glass Gallery at NIU. It should be fun. I'm going to make a bunch of these:


I'm actually going to be making wallets that are tri-folds, double folds (like the one above), and check book holders. I'm going to be putting any that are left over up for sale in my etsy shop.... I will keep you posted.

Anyway, I'm taking off for the night, I will see all you kiddos again on Monday! Wish me luck on getting all those wallets/checkbook holders made!

No comments: