Thursday, November 16, 2006

I just can't stay away....

But I might have to. I have a super busy day tomorrow! I'm working at the Bookstore in the morning until 130 and then at encore from 2-8 and then the pot luck from 8-? and then posting the crafty leftover pattern! Jeeze! Plus a friend is coming into town and I need to clean my apartment a bit before him and his cousin get here so they don't think I am living in a trash heap... which I'm not, it just might look that way from time to time (especailly when he only gave me a two day notice.... he had mentioned it about a month ago but wasn't sure about the date).

I have some good news and some annoying news too. So annoying news first. I rented out a studio space at the school and every time I go in there I'm cleaning out people's crap... I have collected quite a few pens, x-acto knifes, brushes, and other little things this way.... the studio spaces are partitianed off with tape on the floor so pretty much if I don't mark my teritory everyday my space starts to get sucked into the general "open" studio area where everyone and their mother can paint. And you know, I'm okay with this... as long as they don't get paint on my stuff or steal things or store their crap in my area I really don't mind that my stuff gets scooted around... but! and this is a big but... faculty should know better than to set up a still life on the desk in a studio area... I mean that is what we pay for every semester. Not just a space, but a desk, chair, easel, and a locker.... it's a package. And you know, I haven't been diligent about making my presence known (aka I clean up after myself), but faculty should know better! So me and one of the other guys who rents out a space moved the table into the "open" studio area and moved a new table into my area, which I promptly covered with my own drawings and things and put a sign on. This better not happen again....

On to the better news - I brought in all of my little paintings to class and my professor thought they were really great and that they stand on their own feet as far as art pieces go and he gave me some tips on how to frame/mat them and some advise in general. It was good to get positive feedback from him because I really feel like everything I have done so far has been kind of lacking. I think it was just lacking that spontinaity. I am kind of worried about the little paintings though because that is what I put on my desk to mark it. They are so small... I really hope they don't wander off. (get stolen). That is another reason why I am not posting tomorrow... I want to work on some more of those little guys. I'm going to do some more yellow ones and then move into green...

Well that is all I have for you tonight. Have a good day!

ps - for reading all that you get a prize! An unedited photo of my studio while preping for the art and craft sale. Mr B is under the table too! He says "hi."

No comments: