Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Working in Progress

Have you ever had one of those days where you set out to conquer the crafting world..... And than just don't? Well today was one of those days for me. I was going to get my "To-do" list all checked off. Tick, tick, tick... Off they go. Well, things don't always turn out like you plan them to. Mainly, I just didn't feel like it. I was tired, really tired. I do feel better today that the past few. I think I am allergic to my parents, every time I get around them I get really sick for three days and start thinking "I should go get this checked out I'm starting to feel really bad" and than the next day it's pretty much gone. Maybe they just are hosts to some kind of parasitic spore that I am allergic too.... And yes I have been watching too much star trek, or maybe not enough... By the way, even if I am allergic to my parents I love them all the same... That's right I love you two. Anyway, enough of that.

My best attempts at finishing my bath mat tonight were thwarted yet again by me starting a new pointless project involving too much jute string an not enough, well, not enough common sense. But that is just the way those things go. I reallllly wanted to make the fruit bag from Simple Crochet, but unfortunately I do not have the right materials, but wouldn't a jute string fruit bag just be all the rage? Because I messed up the first part of the pattern and than moved into some kind of weird hyperbolic plane thingy, I gave that up and finally started on the bath mat. I was determined to finish one or the other and now at close to bed time neither is anywhere near done. So it goes. I did add some more stuff to my DIY Planner and I will post you pictures of those.

It is still a work in progress, but I've started using it anyway. I figure I will add to it, or block in sections of color as I see fit. I'm going to carry a little "add on" kit with me that will have small scissors, a glue stick, and a hole punch. Than I can add little inspiring things as I find them. Even though I covered the whole thing in cut outs from my image folder (I have a big folder full of stuff I have cut out of magazines and adds, it inspires me) it is fairly open to alteration because I have not really drawn on it at all. I want to do some print making stuff to it along with a little painting and other things I think of... So ... Work in progress, it will look better than it does right now, it will just take a little time.

I will not post the pictures of my other two projects until the wrongs with them are righted and that is that, no complaining about it, you are just not going to get to see them in the state that they are in as of right now.

Oh and here is a picture of the purple asparagus that my dad bought for me at the farmer's market... Purple on the outside, green in the middle... Neat!
And with that, I just have one more little thing to say... I am going to train how to open the yarn shop tomorrow! How exciting! I get a 20% discount on yarn and stuff! I'm not officially working there by myself, but the goal is that I wander next door from time to time and learn stuff over the next three weeks and if I'm not up to speed by then I will actually be scheduled over there. I need to be able to work by myself there by Aug, which I'm sure will come quick enough as is with school and all that.

Well, Codington! And sorry about the lack of spell check and proof reading as of late, I will get better about that, I swear. Cross my heart and hope to die.

No comments: